Yields 10 servings
- 1 (approx. 9 pounds) store bought bone-in spiral ham
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Sparrow Lane Cinnamon Pear Vinegar (optional…if you opt not to use, increase syrup and brown sugar by 1/4 cup each)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place ham in a roasting pan and pour about 3/4 c water into the bottom of pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until heated through, soft and tender.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a saucepan until smooth and heat over medium-low to medium heat until simmering. Simmer for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- When ham is heated through, remove the aluminum foil, and pour or brush the glaze over the top to cover completely. Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Return the ham to the oven and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until glaze is caramelized and bubbly. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with desired fixings.