Yields 2 servings
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon Sparrow Lane Cabernet Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Sparrow Lane Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup crumbled point reyes bleu cheese (optional)
- 1 warren pear, halved, cored, and cut into thin slices
- 2 handfuls mixed bitter greens, such as arugula, dandelion and radicchio, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Mince shallot and submerge in vinegar in a salad bowl. Sprinkle shallot and vinegar with a little salt. Set aside. After five minutes or so, whisk in olive oil until well integrated. Season to taste with more vinegar or oil, if needed. If using cheese, whisk cheese into vinaigrette until smooth.
- Add pear, greens, and walnuts to the bowl and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately.