- 12 firm-ripe fresh figs, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw or packed light brown sugar), forced through a sieve
- 1 pint super premium vanilla ice cream
- 1-2 tablespoons Sparrow Lane 25-yr Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange figs, cut sides up, in a large shallow baking pan. Sprinkle sugar evenly over fruit and broil 2 – 3 inches from heat until most of the sugar is melted and deep golden in places, 3 – 5 minutes.
- Immediately serve figs over ice cream, drizzled with vinegar.