- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon culinary lavender
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush the lavender almost to powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and both sugars and lemon zest. Add in the flour and combine until well blended. Add the crushed lavender and combine well.
- Press the dough, evenly into an ungreased 8? square baking pan. Using a fork, deeply pierce the dough all over.
- Bake until lightly browned, darker at the edges… approximately 50 – 55 minutes. Remove from oven and cut into squares immediately. Cool in pan or remove to wire rack.