- 1 whole grain baguette, cut into round slices
- 2 pears, chopped (I used red bartlett)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Sparrow Lane Cinnamon Pear Vinegar
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay baguette rounds on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown and toasted. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and add butter. Add pears, then sprinkle with salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Allow to caramelize slowly – for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine mascarpone and honey. Spread on baguette slices.
- Once pears are caramelized, add balsamic vinegar and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Add spoonfuls of pear mixture on top of mascarpone on baguette and top with walnuts. These can be served warm or cold.