Yields 4 servings
- 1/2 small onion, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 tablespoons Sparrow Lane Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 medium zucchini, skin on, cut in large chunks
- 32 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons Sparrow Lane Champagne Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced fat sour cream
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh grated Parmesan or asiago cheese, if desired for topping
- Coat bottom of pot with olive oil on medium heat, add garlic and onions. Stir them until translucent or they soften. Careful not to let them brown. Add Chardonnay vinegar, zucchini and broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and purée with an immersion blender, add the sour cream and purée again until smooth.
- Finish off with grated cheese, ground pepper and salt to taste. A drizzle of your favorite olive oil gives a nice kick.