- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/2 fresh onion
- 4 cup water
- 1/4 cup small parsley springs (no stems)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- Honey mustard sauce (recipe below)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Sparrow Lane Champagne Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Sparrow Lane Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut one half of a lemon into ¼ inch slices. Cut half an onion into ¼ inch slices.
- Add the lemon slices, onion slices, water, parsley springs, ½ teaspoon salt and the pepper to a large skillet. Heat to boiling over high heat. Boil 3 minutes stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the salmon with the skin side down in the pan.
- Cover and cook 5-6 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Remove the salmon from the skillet using a slotted spatula. Carefully remove the skin from the salmon.
- Place salmon on serving plate and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of salt. Serve with drizzled honey mustard sauce.
- Using a whisk stir the Champagne Vinegar, honey, mustard and olive oil until well mixed.