- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 1- 8 ounce red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 pounds red cabbage, quartered, cored, very thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced dried apricots
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup Sparrow Lane Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, allspice and nutmeg and stir 1 minute.
- Add cabbage and apricots and sauté until well coated, about 2 minutes.
- Add apricot preserves and vinegar and toss until juices are reduced to glaze and cabbage is crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated. Rewarm over medium heat before serving.