- 1/2 Pound small raw headless shrimp (about 30/U16-20)
- 1/2 Inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Green onions, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 Tablespoon Sparrow Lane Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Sparrow Lane Ginger Pear Rice Wine Vinegar
- Kiwi, slices (optional)
- Slivered toasted almonds (optional)
- Wash shrimp. Peel completely and de-vein; or leave the tails on for easy handling at the table.
- Combine shrimp, half of ginger, green onion, and a splash of Sparrow Lane Ginger Pear Rice Vinegar. Mix well and let rest in refrigerator.
- Heat large frying pan or wok and add olive oil. When oil is hot, add other half of ginger and fry, stirring for a minute. Careful not to let it burn!
- Immediately add shrimp mixture. Stir and toss for two minutes. Add Ginger Pear Rice vinegar; stir.
- Reduce heat and cover pan. Continue to cook for two more minutes over low heat.
- Remove shrimp from pan. Serve along lemon rice salad with kiwi slices and sprinkle with green onions and toasted almonds.