- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 green beans, diced or al dente broccoli
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup Nicolau Farms Quatro Pepe Cheese
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Sparrow Lane Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Sparrow Lane Golden Balsamic Vinegar (or Cabernet, for a robust flavor)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring two cups of water to a boil in a saucepan, and season with salt. Add the quinoa and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until the water is absorbed, about 10-12 minutes. The quinoa is cooked when the spiral germ becomes visible around the grains.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette. In a bowl, whisk olive oil and vinegar until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper and whisk again.
- In a large container, add the cooked quinoa, diced green beans (or broccoli), diced cucumber, Quatro Pepe, chopped chives, chopped parsley, and the balsamic vinaigrette. Stir until well combined. Carefully fold in tomatoes. Serve at room temperature or store in an airtight container in the fridge and serve chilled.