Serves 4 as main course, 6 as side dish
- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 2 handfuls of organic baby spinach leaves, washed, drained
- 1 large ripe pear, washed, stemmed and cored, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Handful of almonds or walnuts, pan toasted and salted to taste
- Cranberries (optional)
- 4 tablespoons Sparrow Lane Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Sparrow Lane D’Anjou Pear or Golden Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in a fine sieve. Place the quinoa in a saucepan or a rice cooker. Add 2 cups fresh water, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Cover and cook on a low simmer until all the water is evaporated and the quinoa is tender- roughly 20 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and dump it into a large salad bowl.
- Add the baby spinach, pear, cranberries, and chopped parsley to the quinoa and fluff.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette, pour it over the quinoa salad and toss gently to coat. Season to taste with sea salt and ground pepper.
- Just before serving, add the toasted pecans and lightly combine.